The Political Education of Eric Tune

Brian B. Riley brianbr at together.net
Fri Feb 20 20:43:35 PST 1998

On 2/20/98 1:32 AM, Eric Cordian (emc at wire.insync.net)  passed this
wisdom:

>> Listen up jerk, in case you didn't get any news during 1990,
>> Iraq attacked Kuwait, and murdered thousands of Kuwaitis.
>
>Iraq, mislead by the US into believing that there would be no
>interference in its long-standing dispute with Kuwait, annexed it,
>providing a pretense for the US to do some dirty work for the
>Israelis, who did not want to tolerate an Arab military giant in
>their region.
>
>Kuwait provoked Iraq far more than places like Panama and Grenada
>have provoked the United States, when US forces poured in to remove
>existing governments, and install regimes sympathetic to
>Washington, also killing thousands of uninvolved civilians.

 Somewhere in there I also remember reading about the fact that Kuwait
was slant drilling into a major Iraqi oil field and systematically
pumping it for all it was worth. Not exactly kosher! Many greater
conflicts have been begun for far more trivial transgressions.

Brian B. Riley --> http://members.macconnect.com/~brianbr
  For PGP Keys  <mailto:brianbr at together.net?subject=Get%20PGP%20Key>

  "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is
    no path, and leave a trail"  - Ralph Waldo Emerson