Some children are rabid and need to be put down

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sat Feb 21 10:22:42 PST 1998

At 6:13 AM -0800 2/21/98, William H. Geiger III wrote:

>Well you have definatly jumped off the deep end on this one Tim. If we
>were talking a teenager going out of control then I would agree with you.
>A 5 year old though??
>
>>If a teacher can't defend herself, legally and professionally, from
>>children biting and throwing chairs, the cops have to be called.
>
>If a teacher can not subdue and control a 5 year old little girl without
>resorting to physical violence or calling in the storm troopers it's time
>to look for another line of work.

My sister teaches Kindergarten/first grade in the LA County School
District, specifically, Inglewood (shudder). She is forbidden to:

- physically touch the children in any way

- discipline them in any meaningful way

- flunk them if they fail to behave or learn what is supposedly required

("Flunking Kindergarten" is tough, so where this rule really become
significant is in the higher grades, where all kids are promoted, even
those who can't read, can't add, etc.)

My sister says the teachers have zero power to do anything, and the kids
know it.

>When have you ever been so quick to blindly believe the spindoctoring of
>the government Tim?

Spare me the casual insults.

I call things as I see them. I've heard no spin-doctoring, just reports of
the child's behavior, admitted by her father.

--Tim May

Just Say No to "Big Brother Inside"
Higher Power: 2^3,021,377   | black markets, collapse of governments.