PLO censoring pro-Iraqi sentiments

Eric J. Tune paladin at lvcablemodem.com
Thu Feb 19 21:02:39 PST 1998

>Eric Tune writes:
>
>> You know Tim, I respect most of what you write, and I respect you in
>> that you have your own free will and opinions and the right to express
>> them, but what you have forgotten in your anarchistic ravings is that
>> PEOPLE DIED IN SOMALIA, including a personal friend of mine.  They were
>> all somebody's son, brother, and friend.
>
>So were the 100,000 Iraqi military killed by Bush, and the 1,000,000
>Iraqis of all ages killed by US sanctions.  So were the civilians
>bulldozed into mass graves in Panama, so the country would look neat and
>tidy for the arrival of the ReportWhores.
>
>What the world needs now is not another mass killing of Iraqis by the
>United States government.  What the world really needs now is a fifty
>dollar weapon that sinks aircraft carriers.
>
>> These soldiers went where they were ordered to go, as befits a soldier,
>> and tried to do the job they were given and accomplish the mission, and
>> for that EVERY ONE OF THEM DESERVES Y O U R RESPECT.  I am quite sure
>> the vast majority of them thought it was patently stupid to go to
>> Somalia in the first place, but a soldier follows orders, legal ones,
>> and tries to get the job done regardless of personal feelings.
>
>Most of them would probably follow "legal orders" to fire upon American
>civilians too.

You ever served in the military?  Unless you've been under fire, you should
shut the fuck up about shit you know nothing about nor could comprehend.

>> The next time you "cheer to see the U.S. gets its tail kicked", why
>> don't you think about the American troops who lost their lives or were
>> maimed, or who were doing something they may have been personally and
>> morally against, but they chose to be professional soldiers, and instead
>> of displaying cowardice, they tried to do what was asked of them.
>
>The universe does not view the lives of Americans as more valuable than
>the lives of people murdered by Americans.

Listen up jerk, in case you didn't get any news during 1990, Iraq attacked
Kuwait, and murdered thousands of Kuwaitis.  "Don't start no shit and there
won't be no shit"... ever heard that, asshole?  America would have never
been involved if Iraq hadn't invaded Kuwait.  I was there, in a Bradley,
and we could have rolled all over Baghdad, especially after what the Iraqi
bastards did to the Kuwaitis, but it wasn't done. Unfortunately Saddam
Hussein stayed in power.  There will not be a shred of a chance for peace
in that region until he is DEAD.  I don't think air strikes are the answer
to this, and I think Clinton is a moron for his present policy, War is the
worst thing that man can do to other men, and there is no such thing as
"the good fight"... war is hell. Period.  Until you have been in a war, you
have no idea of what you are talking about.  But if you think that Iraq was
"more right" or better yet, "less wrong", you need a radical lobotomy, or
perhaps you've already had one.

>> Think of the innocent civilians who inevitably die in the conflicts
>> started by the megalomaniacs like Saddam Hussein.
>
>You mean all those melted child car seats and scorched teddy bears on
>George Bush's "Highway of Death" leading out of Kuwait?

Evidently, you again know nothing of what the Iraqis did to the Kuwaitis on
their way in to Kuwait.  Get educated, shithead.

>Unfortunately, for all the braying Americans do about freedom, Americans
>can never be truly happy unless someone is telling them what to do, or
>they are telling someone else what to do, or they are bombing someone for
>not doing what they have told them to do.
>
>The only thing Americans understand is dead Americans.  The only thing.

You sound like nothing more than disillusioned, spoiled, pompous asshole
when you presume to know what Americans "understand".  Your anarchistic
ravings only mark you for the idiot you are.

To everyone else besides Cordian who reads this, my apologies, but for all
it's failings, I still have pride in America... ...not for all the foreign
policy bullshit or the way the government fucks us over, or starts wars, or
sticks their collective nose in other countries business...but for the fact
that as a whole people, Americans still keep trying, everyday, to be a
better people. I'm proud of that.

Eric Tune