"Corporations selling your ass down the road for a dollar"

David Honig honig at otc.net
Thu Feb 12 08:33:39 PST 1998

At 07:10 AM 2/12/98 -0400, Michael Sims wrote:

>Except, of course, that *businesses* count as individuals in a
>libertarian world.

No, its that the owner of a business doesn't lose his rights
by virtue of running a business.

Yes, the corporation, that creation wholly of
>government, becomes a sort of super-individual - and of course all
>individuals are equal, but some are just a bit more equal.

No, the people running any size corp. have the same rights as
everyone else, to non-interference, etc.

>When I see a libertarian calling for an elimination of all forms of
>corporations and a return to sole proprietorships and straight
>partnerships as the only form of business, then I'll know he's
>ideologically consistent.

Actually, libs have nothing for or against corps. ---only govt
interfering with them.

I'm not sure where you got your ideas about liberty, or
what anti-corporate libs you hang out with, but your
model of libertarianism is off.

If the natural (efficient) size of a company is big, so be it.
As long as you don't defraud or use force, you have the right
to grow unimpeded by govt to any size that the market selects.
No interference, no subsidies, same thing.

      David Honig                   Orbit Technology
     honig at otc.net                  Intaanetto Jigyoubu

		Lewinsky for President '2012