Cyber 'Nannys"

WebWarrior3 at InfoWar.Com WebWarrior3 at InfoWar.Com
Tue Feb 10 10:47:11 PST 1998

Tim May wrote:

> As far as I'm concerned, absent a contract, anyone who "demands" something
> from me is on thin ice.

When you purchase or sell anything you enter into a contract with the other party,
hence:UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE Article 21) In this Article unless the context
otherwise requires "contract" and "agreement" are limited to those relating to the
present or future sale of goods. "Contract for sale" includes both a present sale
of goods and a contract to sell goods at a future time. A "sale" consists in the
passing of title from the seller to the buyer for a price (Section 2-401). A
"present sale" means a sale which is accomplished by the making of the contract.

As far as I can tell, every state other than Louisianna have accepted the UCC as
their state business law.  Additionally, many states have a law similar to:

Deceptive Practices SDCL 37-24-6

It is a violation of state law:
(2) To knowingly and intentionally conceal, suppress or omit any material fact in
connection with the sale or advertisement of merchandise.

> Like I said, if you're unhappy that CyberSitter or NetNanny will not
> provide you with information you wish to have, use another service.

I never implied that I would use such trash...I trust that my eight year old my
daughter understands what to do if she comes across something that is not
appropriate for her viewing as far as our family values are concerned. Thanks you
for permission, however, should I ever feel the need to allow a corporation to be
(in your terms) Big Brother to my daughter, I will feel justified in that you have
personally given me the leave to do so.

> But don't cite "Consumer Protection Laws."

Why not?

Scott R. Brower
http://www.infowar.com
http://www.efflorida.org