Driver Licenses

D'jinnie jinn at inetnebr.com
Mon Feb 9 23:39:41 PST 1998

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Mark Rogaski wrote:

: Here in the Peoples Republik ov NJ, the DL's have no magstrips.  But,
: being that it is NJ, they're probably not far away.  An interesting point
: is that, when I moved (intrastate), the MVS sent a decal with the new
: address to stick on the back.  No re-issue necessary, which is good, since
: most bars/liquor stores will not accept licenses marked DUP.  But, they
: will accept passports.

I believe the sticker thing is standard practice...
:
: Also interesting is that PA has recently (within the past 2-4 years) been
: issuing DL's with the driver's SSN.

That is standard practice in Missouri which I think is kinda silly but it
got me out of bringing my SSN card to my employers (which by then took
several spins through the washer :)
You have to request for the number to be different and CDL only allows it
on grounds of religious convictions.
I think I'll just form a sect...
Why are religions, no matter how kooky, respected so much??

---
Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.

jinn at inetnebr.com