the best justice money can buy --Lessig suspended

Brian B. Riley brianbr at together.net
Tue Feb 3 19:27:52 PST 1998

On 2/3/98 9:45 PM, Ryan Anderson (ryan at michonline.com)  passed this
wisdom:

>On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Tim May wrote:
>

>> (I've left out the PowerPC, as it appears now to be limited solely
>> to the Macintosh market...even IBM and Motorola appear to have
>> acknowledged its failure.)
>
>Unless I've missed some absolutely major announcement, IBM is
>betting on the PowerPC in all their servers. Well, at least in
>their RS/6000 and AS/400, which is pretty much their entire
>high-end market.
>
>The PowerPC never had a serious entry into the desktop market
>anywhere but the Macintosh to my
>knowledge.

 ... and while Intel is not so quietly making noises about the soon to be
available 333MHz Pentium IIs, Motorola quietly announced 400/433 MHz PPC
chips two weeks earlier.

Brian B. Riley --> http://members.macconnect.com/~brianbr
  For PGP Keys  <mailto:brianbr at together.net?subject=Get%20PGP%20Key>

  "Fate favors the prepared mind." (from "Under Siege 3")