New! Active Virtual Firewall

William H. Geiger III whgiii at openpgp.net
Tue Dec 29 03:05:00 PST 1998

I thought this may be of interest (or at least a chuckel).

The following message is forwarded to you by "William H. Geiger III"
<whgiii at openpgp.net> (listed as the From user of this message).  The
original sender (see the header, below) was jim kalember
<kalember at ix.netcom.com> and has been set as the "Reply-To" field of this
message.
>Newsgroups: comp.os.os2.networking.tcp-ip
>Subject: New! Active Virtual Firewall
>Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 22:36:56 -0800

We have just completed technology validation demo for an "active virtual
firewall" that utilizes a new technique, software genetics, to secure
remotes and hosts. Technical details are available from
<kalember at stanford.edu>. The approach is virtually impervious to a text
hack and should be investigated by anyone serious about securing VPN to
Internet portals, or any private network. This is new technology--no data
is encrypted.

Technical details from our developers at <kalember at stanford.edu>.

--
Jim Kalember