Forwarded mail...

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Thu Dec 24 20:02:45 PST 1998

Forwarded message:

> Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 19:50:34 -0600 (CST)
> From: Missouri FreeNet Administration <measl at mfn.org>
> Subject: Re: I must admit. . .

> On Thu, 24 Dec 1998, Reeza! finally got to the point of the matter:
>
> <massive snip>
> :, that does not mean I'm willing to allow one
> :expansionist dictator to sanction another country and gain control of
> :enough of the worlds oil supply to impact the well-being of my country.
>
> I believe this is the the only true argument here.  The US (and you) are
> not "pleased" with the fact that the one place on the planet that has the
> worlds largest oil deposits is not beholden to the USG.

Actualy there are equivalent oil and gas deposits in SE Asia and Antartica.
But they doesn't belong to the USG either.

Of course the point is valid. Though it almost begs the question of why in
such a situation there is not a more powerful search for alternatives. There
are actualy very few technologies that care whether oil or gas is used in
energy production or some entirely different process.

          What raises the standard of living may well diminish the
          quality of life.

                                                 The Club of Rome

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com