Jury Duty

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Wed Dec 23 08:12:29 PST 1998

If you want to vote your conscience (if it's a drug prosecution and you
don't agree with drug laws for instance), there are a few organizations
that you might want to look at. Maybe check out http://www.cato.org/ which
last I checked had an advertisement for a new book on jury nullification
etc. on their home page.

-Declan

At 08:30 AM 12-23-98 +0100, Anonymous wrote:
>In 22 years of being qualified, I am facing my first jury duty summons as
a regular employee and see no way out except to report. The old
self-employment, financial burden exemption no longer applies.

>Is there a good web site where I can find other legal means to recuse
myself (I live in AZ), or if I do
>decide to report and get on a trial, a web site on my rights to vote my
conscious, aka jury nullification?

>The other option is to just lie, it says the penalty is that of perjury
and it seems we shall
>soon have case law that perjury is no longer a crime.
>
>Not a facetious post, I have seen posts here on this before, but never
really paid attention because it didn't affect me.