Question about 'TEMPEST'

mgraffam at idsi.net mgraffam at idsi.net
Tue Dec 22 21:28:11 PST 1998

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, Tiny wrote:

> I`m sorry to ask such a stupid question.  Is 'TEMPEST' an acronym, and
> if so, what
> exactly does it represent?

Some have turned it into an acronyms.

Originally it was just a code-word referring to emanations security.

See http://www.eskimo.com/~joelm/tempest.html

Of interest:

"..the isle is full of noises, sounds and sweet airs that give
delight and hurt not. Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
will hum about mine ears, and sometimes voices.."

>From Shakespeare's "The Tempest" .. the benefits of a liberal education.

Michael J. Graffam (mgraffam at idsi.net)
"Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine."
			Henry David Thoreau "Civil Disobedience"