Mathematician-to-silicon compilers and the Law

Mark Lanett mlanett at meer.net
Mon Dec 14 13:32:30 PST 1998

Speaking of carrying... Can I export my theoretical
closed-source-commercial-strong-crypto-using software by printing out the
source at Kinko's, binding it, and flying out of the country? Any company
can afford to set up a 1-person shop in a variety of countries as necessary
(besides you need local ops to distribute and do tech support). Or do
F-O-Speech rights only apply to books published in quantity and that I'm
willing to let anyone read?

[I assume I haven't been paying enough attention; if was this easy then
Wassenaar wouldn't be effective.]

~mark