(fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Wed Dec 9 10:56:37 PST 1998

Forwarded message:

> Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 07:26:21 -0800 (PST)
> From: "Joel O'Connor" <ogrenivek at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re:

> They say education is power abd naybe they were correct.  I agree with
> the fact that more people need to use encryption, the problem (as you
> stated) is that people do not understand how to use it, or even know
> it exists.  Unfortunate for us, fortunate for big brother.  While the
> only way we can counteract this debate is through empowerment, the
> question remains, how do you spread the word to up to a million
> people, enough to get their interest and keep it, enough to take the
> time to teach them how to use the tools.  I work for an IT department

I'd say the obvious answer is to buy a spammers mailing list and then use
it to send out a one-time-only missive on the issues with a directive of
where to go for more information. Mass email letters to newspapers all over
the US (or whereever you are). Hit usenet with copies. Buy add space in
newspapers and magazines. Hit up the local media for PSA's. Use the local
public access television stations. etc.

It's not the how that people are having a hard time with, it's the why.

           If I can put in one word what has always infuriated me
           in any person, any group, any movement, or any nation,
           it is: bullying
                                                Howard Zinn

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com