I Got Mine

Jay Holovacs holovacs at idt.net
Tue Dec 8 15:26:25 PST 1998

At 12:07 PM 12/8/98 -0600, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
>I apologize for my ignorance. I am not very well aware of this Heinlein
>fellow.
>
>What I am looking for is a practical guide book on how to deal with
>cops and other law enforcement/jackbooted thug types, in the manner
>that minimizes my long term damage. Something along the lines of "You
>and the Police!", by Boston T. Party, a book that I greatly enjoyed.

There is some general information about what to do if stopped by the police
at the ACLU site:

www.aclu.org

In addition to the good advice that was given on this list to keep your
mouth shut, I would like to comment on someone's earlier (several days ago)
post. He had commented that the subject of spoofed messages came up in a
discussion with an agent, and the agent asked about what this term meant.
Don't let them draw you into such a discussion. They probably know damn
well what these terms mean, they want to hear what you say they mean. You
are being mind probed.

Be polite, don't let them get you to say something angry or stupid, and say
nothing more than civil response requires.

Jay