y2k/gary north delusions (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Fri Dec 4 17:17:23 PST 1998

Forwarded message:

> Subject: Re: y2k/gary north delusions (fwd)
> Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 18:46:17 -0600 (CST)
> From: ichudov at Algebra.Com (Igor Chudov @ home)

> > Paris and London had populations of over a million each and didn't have a
> > sewer system. It was traditional for people to throw their chamber pots out
> > into the street along with the offal from the various animals.
>
> Guess why they had those devastating epidemics.

True enough, but that sort of stuff takes more than a week or two. The
various cities could go around setting up port-a-potties and latrines in
parks with plastic liners for easy removal, etc.

It isn't nearly the civilization shaking event some would make of it.

             Technology cannot make us other than what we are.

                                           James P. Hogan

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com