New Brady Bill Implications

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Tue Dec 1 12:23:44 PST 1998

It does not affect sale of firearms by non-dealers (non-FFL holders). Look
for the Clinton administration to try to change this; at a press conference
today the DC reporter rat-pack was moaning about unregulated gun shows.

It does affect non-sale transfers by FFLs. Per the DoJ rule: "NICS checks
apply to transfers and are not limited to firearm sales."

I have an article up at www.wired.com shortly about the privacy implications.

-Declan