DES Ecryption

Steve Bryan sbryan at vendorsystems.com
Mon Aug 31 20:36:06 PDT 1998

>Hey, could anyone tell me what process DES Encryption goes through, or point
>me to a site with the information?
>
>Thanx
>-Buzz-
>P.S. Please no flames because I am on AOL...

This may not be the absolute best place to start but it is certainly current:

<http://www.eff.org/pub/Privacy/Crypto_misc/DESCracker/>

This describes the efforts made to show why a 56 bit key for DES is just
too short for many purposes. You can probably branch out from links you
find there to get more details about S-boxes and other topics.

Steve Bryan
email: sbryan at vendorsystems.com
icq: 5263678
pgp: D758 183C 8B79 B28E 6D4C  2653 E476 82E6 DA7C 9AC5