jkthomson jkthomson at bigfoot.com
Mon Aug 31 14:41:53 PDT 1998

At 04:16 PM 8/31/98 EDT, ILovToHack at aol.com wrote:
>Ibelive by spooks he ment goverment agents not a racial slur so lay off.

trust me, it's ok, he was using '32-bit AOL' to post his message, so
EVERYONE but you realized that he was talking about garbage anyway.  maybe
AOL64 will have a clue(tm) built in.

an appeal to listmembers:

listmembers, can't we make this list 'request for access'?  iLoV2HaCk and
his AOL ilk are getting a little too 'elite' and 'k-rad' for me. pipebombs,
posters, spooks, music, what the hell is happening to this list?  I know
that I mainly lurk, but don't you think that having to request to join this
list may filter out the worst of the AOL (et al) newbies?  they obviously
cannot get a clue(tm) and continue to cause a landslide of off-topic
(albeit funny) posts that ridicule them, and keep this list awash in
non-cypherpunkish dialogue.

oh, and I am also sorry for perpetuating this thread.

 james 'keith' thomson <jkthomson at bigfoot.com>  www.bigfoot.com/~ceildh
 jkthomson:C181 991A 405C EAFB 2C46 79B5 B1DC DB78 8196 122D [06.07.98]
 ceildh   :1D79 59AF ED75 5945 6003 8240 DA34 ACCA 9DE4 6BC9 [05.14.98]
 ICQ:746241 <keys> at pgp.mit.edu     ...and former sysop of tnbnog BBS
The people to worry about are not those who openly disagree with you,
but those who disagree with you who are too cowardly to let you know.