your mail

Brown, R Ken brownrk1 at texaco.com
Wed Aug 19 02:34:18 PDT 1998

Tim Griffiths wrote:

> Jim Burnes wrote:
>> I usually ignore these type of messages, but this one gets my vote
>> for the most clueless post of all time. ;-)
>and then Bernardo replied to John Perry's troll, err, offer of help...
>>>Sure thing! Just send us your full name, address (mailing and
physical),
>>>and phone number. I'm sure you will get plenty of help.
>>Here is my address
>>26 H Kamagong St., Commonwealth, Quezon City, Philippines,1121
>I reckon that one gets my vote...:)

:-)

But even Cluelesser is the guy who just asked for help with a firewall
configuration on the NT system admin list and gave a 5 screensfull
description of how they have set up their firewall and servers,
what proxies they have, what they block and allow through...
down to and including saying that they *haven't* installed the
MS recommended hotfixes for NT security.

Of course, it could always be bait.

As, I suppose, could the Italian Bank post, although
if I was dragnetting for stupid hackers I'd have hoped
I'd be able to come up with something more plausible.

Ken Brown