Internet is rickety

Vladimir Z. Nuri vznuri at netcom.com
Tue Aug 11 17:26:31 PDT 1998

MG: it's a question: do you imlement security top down,
or bottom up? which is the top? the internet, or
the computer?

it's very taoist-- I don't think there is a correct answer.

I do think however that crypto *everywhere* over the
internet is a major part of the solution. and yes, NSA
is not fully responsible for the lack of it. the
patent system & greed is involved in some of the deficiency.
but the NSA is responsible for far more than most people
realize. are you aware they regularly visit software
companies developing crypto to squelch any innovation?
basically, through bribes that they call "grants" or
"purchase agreements"...

you're against commerce on the internet? what are you,
a luddite? <g> seriously, I don't have much to say to you,
if you oppose it. the internet is already the backbone of
a new economy. crypto will help secure it further. ask
Ian Golderberg!

>Lets be factual: NSA doesn't regulate authentication technology and
>most of what we need to fix these problems is secure authentication,
>not confidentiality.

it's an artificial distinction. it's all crypto. standing in
front of any of it is standing in front of all of it. the NSA
doesn't lead, they block. get out of the way!!

you say, a taxpayer of the US should consider himself "getting
his money's worth" out of the NSA if the NSA can crack 2048
bit keys. well hee, hee. that's pretty funny. what if they
find the bazillionth prime number? would you be getting
your money's worth then too? it's the same technology, no?

death to the NSA leeches!!! the US taxpayers have been
submitting to government-originated *bloodletting* for too long