compression vs encryption

Bernardo B. Terrado bbt at mudspring.uplb.edu.ph
Thu Aug 6 03:17:50 PDT 1998

What's the difference between compression and encryption?

Correct me if I'm wrong,  in compression we lose something, like in
image compression and audio compression,  but in encryption, we don't.

One sure protection againts evil hackers is encryption (?), but what if
that evil hacker deletes the ciphertext file and the plain text file (that
is assuming the evil hacker just deletes every file he wants to delete).
---at least he/she didn't read/saw the file.

You give the words  you have spoken,
   it is not lended and are not taken back.
It is like what The Corrs sung "...you're forgiven not forgotten...."

bbt at mudspring.uplb.edu.ph
bbt at peak-two.uplb.edu.ph
metaphone at altavista.net