Question on secure programs

Anonymous nobody at replay.com
Wed Aug 5 01:03:54 PDT 1998

I'm sitting here browsing through my copy of applied cryptography and
I start to think.  How long will my 2047 bit PGP key be secure?  When
I look for secure I don't mean my family or the occasional hacker.  I
mean like a martial law state.  DES 56bit can be cracked in days or
hours,  public key cryptography is substancially easier to break than
symetric cryptography such as DES.  I want to get the best encrytion I
can so that one day when my computer is dug out of the ground and put
in an exibit at a college they still can't break my key.  I understand
my key is secure now, but what about in ten years when I'm famous and
my history is worth a mil? :)

Is mit still developing Mit PGP? or is 2.6.2 the last free version of
PGP that we will ever see?