kid informers

David Honig honig at alum.mit.edu
Tue Apr 28 09:04:20 PDT 1998

At 02:03 AM 4/28/98 -0700, ddt at lsd.com wrote:
> "This is not an effort to recruit," a spokesman for the spy agency
>	emphasizes. "This is an effort to inform in a fun way."

One can only hope that some bored cynic can perhaps generate
a parody page which expresses the truth.  And seed the
META-CONTENT with enough k-12 keywords to snag the eyeballs.

"Hi, I'm Dorothy Lemming, and I work for the intelligence community.
We listen to your calls to your granny in the old country,
we scan your email, we get our Canadian buddies to listen to you
and teach them how to share.
We like to know what you're saying.  Its our way of
getting in touch with your feelings."

"Hi, my name is Louie, and I like to listen too.  We're trying
to point out all the scary monsters to your parents so they will
let us do whatever we want.  So that we can protect you.  What's
a little privacy for safety?"

"Hi, my name is Aldrich Ames, and my job is to make sure all our
spies work for us..."

      David Honig                   Orbit Technology
     honig at otc.net                  Intaanetto Jigyoubu

"I actually thought Silicon Valley was where women went to get fixed."
		---LA Mayor Richard Riordan 98.02.19