"Lawful access" vs warrants: I found the difference today!

Adam Shostack adam at homeport.org
Tue Apr 21 05:38:06 PDT 1998

Bill Stewart wrote:

| Even though there basically aren't any foreign Commies left any more,
| there's always The Pope, and Zionism, and Foreign Drug Cartels, and
| foreign embassies*, and foreign-based MultiNational Corporations,
| and people with accounts in Swiss banks or Anguillan computers.
| Power isn't just for governments any more.

| ~~~
| * If they clue in to Elgoland and Vargaland, some of us could
| be in Big Trouble :-)
| ~~~

	If they had to be logically consistent, then recognizing
agents of Elgoland* as agents of a foreign power would require
recognizing Elgoland as a foriegn power.  That might be worth a few of
our spies.

* I have no idea where or who Elgoland is.

Umm, make that someone else's spies. :)

Adam

--
Just be thankful that Microsoft does not manufacture pharmaceuticals.