Canada's Crypto Policy

James Glave james at wired.com
Tue Apr 7 14:44:39 PDT 1998

Also see my Wired News piece on this meeting:

http://www.wired.com/news/news/politics/story/11397.html

Crypto Canucks: Hands Off Our Keys!
                      5:03 am PST 2 Apr 98 - The captains
                      of Canada's cryptography industry sent a
                      message to Ottawa yesterday: keep
                      clear of domestic crypto controls, and
                      lighten up on the export policies. Was
                      anyone listening?

At 03:22 PM 4/7/98 -0400, John Young wrote:
>Thanks to mctaylor and Carrie Bendzsa at Entrust we offer
>her transcription of the recent Entrust roundtable on Canada's
>Cryptography Policy:
>
>   http://jya.com/CA-crypto.htm  (113K)
>
>Good, vigorous discussion of how US export policy inhibits
>Canada's crypto policy and commerce. And what might be
>done to get the CA gov to defy the supercop without getting
>shackled like US miscreants.

            James Glave : Senior Technology Writer : Wired News
                   http://www.wirednews.com : 415.276.8430