An apology...

David Honig honig at otc.net
Sun Apr 5 22:00:51 PDT 1998

At 12:31 PM 4/6/98 +0900, Martin, FCC George wrote:
>Mr Honig,
>	Further investigation this morning when I got to work shows that
>days ago.  My apologies for my hasty words and even hastier actions.  Next
>time I'll choose a source that doesn't have anything to gain (or lose) by
>misrepresenting the facts.  Again, my apologies.
>
>Regards,
>George Martin

Indeed.  So that we can prevent this from happening again, I'll
reveal my deadly hacker tools.  Alta Vista and Beer.

If that weren't enough, I wasn't even looking for a .mil site. I was
looking for pgp tips.   If you try
http://www.altavista.digital.com/cgi-bin/query?pg=q&stq=10&what=web&kl=XX&q=
%2Bpgp+%2Btips+%2B.mil+bragg+fort&navig90.x=10&navig90.y=5
you'll find that Alta Vista's "Scooter" robot is the troublemaker.
As to his or her motives, you'll have to search for yourself.

As far as "choosing a source that doesn't have anything to gain (or lose) by
misrepresenting the facts", well, damn, if that doesn't seem to
be the pot calling the kettle black.

At least you replied from a .mil address this time, so I don't feel I'm
replying solely to some USO hack.

	honig at alum.mit.edu

Why is the CIA is so full of spies?