y2k as ideological opportunity

Blanc blancw at cnw.com
Thu Sep 18 14:35:14 PDT 1997

In behalf of the Union of Unorganized Programmers, VZ Nuri-logical wrote:

>when the government finds itself in a crisis. it is
>true at the current rate it looks dismal for the govt to
>fix the problems in time, but govt has huge amounts of
>monetary resources to throw at problems when it wants to.
>does anyone have any idea how much cash sloshes around in
>defense industries?

On the PBS daily economics news report the other day, and an economist was
warning that this y2k problem could lead to a recession (don't remember if
he said it would be mild or what).   This is a possibility that the rest of
us ought prepare for  (guess I'll have to see what Harry Brown has to say
about it).

    ..
Blanc