Toad.com is *not* the best choice to subscribe to!

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Sep 16 13:32:22 PDT 1997

I just spoke (on a 3DES secure phone--more on this later) to a friend, and
happened to mention some posts on the list. He hadn't seen them. Turns out
he's subscribed to cypherpunks at toad.com, and that site does not get traffic
from the distributed sites.

We've known this, but it bears repeating.

Whenever I see "cypherpunks at toad.com" in a message I'm replying to, I
change the "toad" to "algebra" (shorter than the other choices). So anyone
subscribed to the toad.com address is obviously not seeing the bulk of the
traffic going to algebra.com, cyberpass.net, and ssz.com.

Unless toad.com wants to be part of the distributed system, it just ain't
the best place to subscribe to.

In other news, my Communication Security Corporation GSP8191 secure phone,
with 3DES (168 bits, keys negotiated with D-H, Johnson noise used to
randomize), works extremely well. A very slight hint of an echo, but almost
perfect voice fidelity.

This is from our own Eric Blossom, of course, and is being sold at his Web
site, www.comsec.com.

Very impressive.

--Tim May