PGP Usability

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 15 23:20:46 PDT 1997

At 10:40 AM 9/15/97 -0700, Lizard wrote:
>PGP/Eudora is a wonderful example of this. All that is needed to use it is
>one extra step (after install) -- typing your passphrase to sign a message
>before it is sent. Otherwise, it works the same as it always has. As a side
>effect, you can right-click to encrypt any file you can see in Explorer.
>Simple, quick, and usable even by the brain-dead, once you've convinced
>them TO use it. (And I forgot to bring my key file to work, so my Eudora
>here is useless for those purposes. Bother.)

So generate a work key at work, for encrypting/signing work stuff, and get
your home key off the keyservers for encrypting stuff for home use.

I'm also highly pleased to see Eudora and PGP together, since there's
a base of about 20 million Eudora users that PGP will pick up some of.
				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Regular Key PGP Fingerprint D454 E202 CBC8 40BF  3C85 B884 0ABE 4639