The great GAK crack (making GAK economically impossible)

nospam-seesignature at ceddec.com nospam-seesignature at ceddec.com
Mon Sep 15 08:56:21 PDT 1997

If I have to GAK my keys, and there then exists a pgp-gak, then we simply
recruit the same CPU power that generated the millions of DES keys to just
run pgpk-gak with the shortest keylength and send billions of keys to the
GAKserver each week.  Many from out of the US if pgp-gak becomes available
there.

My test software uses a loop that generates a new pair every few seconds
on a pentium (and found some very obscure bugs).  I would be required to
send all those to the gak.gov.  If they really want them...

What it probably means is the govenrment will issue keys or have to
license people to create them.