Letter to Senator Bryan, was Re: Key Recovery is Bad for US Security

Bill Frantz frantz at netcom.com
Sun Sep 14 23:17:07 PDT 1997

At 11:40 AM -0700 9/13/97, Steve Schear wrote:
>Bill, I hope you don't mind me basing my letter on yours.

Not at all.  One of the reasons I posted it.

While it might have been better if we had not followed the legalization of
exports root, I think letting representatives know that voting for the
surveillance society has political costs is probably our best strategy for
having the whole thing disappear in the rush to adjourn.

Bill Frantz       | The Internet was designed  | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | to protect the free world  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at netcom.com | from hostile governments.  | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA