Court proceedings under new SAFE act]

Peter D. Junger junger at upaya.multiverse.com
Sun Sep 14 05:08:02 PDT 1997

Omegaman writes:

: What if I respond to Adam Back and accidently forget to snip his .sig?
: (if that's not prior restraint, I don't know what is!)

What it is, under current law, is a violation of Export Administration
Regulations, unless you somehow get a license before you send the
reply.  Of course, if you send the reply in hard copy you would be all
right under the EAR, though it would seem to be a violation to
distribute the reply in the United States, if the proposed legislation
were to be enacted.

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
 EMAIL: junger at samsara.law.cwru.edu    URL:  http://samsara.law.cwru.edu