Real issue of crypto controls: security or taxation loss?

jf_avon at citenet.net jf_avon at citenet.net
Sat Sep 13 15:39:31 PDT 1997

On 13 Sep 97 at 20:53, iang at systemics.com wrote:

> > Any comments about why we should *not* put most emphasis on the
> > financial aspect of crypto?
>
> You answered it yourself.  There are more palefaces than bright-eyed
> injuns.
>
> Sun Tsu (from memory): select the battleground where you are strongest and
> the enemy is weakest.
>
> A battle on the field of taxation is a wipeout.  At least, on the field of
> privacy, 4th amendment and so forth provides a few weapons for the Freedom
> Fighters.

Sorry to say, but I don't completely get you idiosyncratic language.

My perception of it is that when you explain thoses things to
productive individuals, i.e. individuals that get a lot of their
money confiscated, most of them get quite interested while if you
talk about the capability of talking dirty to your lover without your
mother in law being able to know, they yawn faster than you can say
"bit".

Thus, IMO, brigning the discussion on the ground of taxation would be
an attention getter.  At least concerning the "guerilla" spreading of
crypto, as Tim mentionned.

Ciao

jfa
--
Jean-Francois Avon, Pierrefonds(Montreal) QC Canada
  JFA Technologies, R&D physicists & engineers