More on House Intelligence committee on crypto

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 12 23:39:40 PDT 1997

At 05:27 PM 9/11/97 -0700, Mike Duvos wrote:

>Clearly the entire House Intelligence Committee should be
>"suitcased" immediately.

In my part of the business, we use the term "suitcased" to
refer to taking a training course out to somebody's site
and giving it there rather than making them all come to you.
Are you suggesting we need to give CONgress a rapid education, on-site ?

:-)

Meanwhile, Bill Frantz wrote:
>And over what is merely the practical application of some obscure
>mathematics, these turkeys are willing to trash the constitution they are
>sworn to support and defend.  It would be really funny if it wasn't so
>grim.

Why not?  They're willing to trash the Constitution and the crime rate
over the political incorrectness of various plant products,
why not do it over something with a potentially _large_ social impact?