Random crypto legal stuff

Greg Broiles gbroiles at netbox.com
Fri Sep 12 15:50:58 PDT 1997

I just talked to a docket clerk at the Ninth Circuit - they say that no
oral argument has been scheduled in the Bernstein case (case # is 97-16686
at the appellate level), and no action has been taken since the
government's emergency stay motion was filed.

Also, I spoke with someone at BXA re their updated crypto EARs - they
confirmed that a second draft has been prepared, but say that it's
circulating "at the inter-agency level" and is not available to the public,
even though they'll be discussing it in Portland in two weeks.

--
Greg Broiles                | US crypto export control policy in a nutshell:
gbroiles at netbox.com         |