Not key escrow, key recovery

Anonymous nobody at REPLAY.COM
Fri Sep 12 07:36:28 PDT 1997

>It is quite probable that this has been said before.  In case it hasn't,
>however, I feel compelled to point out that mandatory key escrow/recovery
>could likely mean an economic disaster of unimaginable proportions.

(Underpaid clerk steals secret keys, etc.)

Wake up.  It's not key escrow, it's key recovery.  Every message will be
encrypted with a LEAF (law enforcement access field).  This is an additional
recipient who can decrypt the message.  No user or corporate secret
keys are escrowed.  You're working with yesterday's scenario.

Anon