Court proceedings under new SAFE act

James S. Tyre j.s.tyre at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 11 19:03:40 PDT 1997

> I'm reading the bill more closely. This is incredibly slick work.
>
> 1. When it appears that any person is selling, importing, or distributing
> non-backdoor'd crypto or "about" to do so, the Atty General can sue to
> stop them. "Upon the filing of the complaint seeking injunctive relief by
> the Attorney General, the court shall automatically issue a temporary
> restraining order against the party being sued."

Fucking A, Declan!  (A highly precise legal term of art for all you
laypeople out there.)  Even if these guys don't give a shit about the
First Amendment, or have forgotten how hard it is to get a prior
restraint Order, have they excised the Separation of Powers doctrine
from the Constitution too?

oh.forgot.national security.never mind.

-Jim