Snuffle Destroys United States: Film at 11

Mike Duvos enoch at zipcon.net
Wed Sep 10 22:33:45 PDT 1997

John Gilmore <gnu at toad.com> writes:

 > Today the Government filed a 22-page brief arguing to the
 > 9th Circuit Court that it would be so injurious to the
 > national security for Prof. Bernstein to be able to publish
 > his Snuffle 5.0 software on the Internet, that a complete
 > stay of Judge Patel's injunction is needed.

 > The brief is accompanied by two seven-page personal
 > declarations, one from William P. Crowell, Deputy Director
 > of NSA, and one from William A. Reinsch, Under Secretary for
 > Export Administration.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought "Snuffle" was some
simple-minded cipher designed to test ITAR.  I didn't think it
was something anyone would choose to incorporate into a serious
product.

     enoch at zipcon.com   $    via Finger                       $
         {Free Cypherpunk Political Prisoner Jim Bell}