Letter sent to SJ Mercury staff on CA SJR-29 ...

Chris DiBona chrisd at loc201.tandem.com
Tue Sep 9 14:32:26 PDT 1997

The reason is because...

The sjmn is crap. Thier valley coverage is terrible, and when it isn't it's
coming off ap or reuters. They commonly commit factual errors and thier
business editor is a joke.

My friends and I in the valley don't even call it by it's name,  it's
become known as the "Fry's ad" (for those not in the valley, frys is a
large consumer and computer electronics shop. But on steriods. And they
advertise like crazy all over the sjmn).

Remember SJMN motto: If it's news, it ain't here.

 Chris