Weasel nymserver closed due to child porn investigation

Johannes Kroeger hanne at squirrel.owl.de
Mon Sep 8 13:19:51 PDT 1997

On 07 Sep 1997, I wrote:

> 3.  Mail to weasel.owl.de users will be remailed as usual, until I
> have transferred the accounts to another nymserver.  I would be very
> grateful if the admins of nym.alias.net or anon.efga.org are willing
> to host weasel's nyms until the investigations are closed and weasel
> is hopefully up again.

Andy Dustman, the operator of the redneck nymserver at anon.efga.org,
has now installed the weasel accounts on the EFGA server.  This means:

1. I don't have any data of pseudonymous users available anymore.

2. Mail to <yournym at weasel.owl.de> will be forwarded to
<yournym_w at anon.efga.org> ("_w" for weasel).
        ^^
3.  Mail to {send,config}@weasel.owl.de bounces with the following,
now somewhat more detailed error message:

Sending mail from weasel.owl.de is disabled until further notice.  Please
read <19970907224816.29967 at squirrel.owl.de> in alt.privacy.anon-server for
more information.  The accounts have been moved to redneck (anon.efga.org):
<yournym at weasel.owl.de> is now <yournym_w at anon.efga.org>.

--
Johannes Kroeger		<hanne at squirrel.owl.de>
Send mail with subject "send pgp-key" to get my PGP key