FCPUNX:FBI calls for mandatory key escrow

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Fri Sep 5 11:50:08 PDT 1997

At 07:40 AM 9/4/97 +0200, Anonymous wrote:
>  Who is going to stop them? They have the guns! When our elected
> officials in Congress delved into the INSLAW affair, the Department
> of Justice told them to "Fuck off." and refused to cooperate with
> those who represent the citizens. Congress's reaction was to say,
> "Yup. They're defying us."
>  Ipso facto--Congress is not running the country. The LEA's are running
> the country. Go figure...

It used to be that normal federal agencies did not have their own goons.

They relied on the fibbies.

Now every federal agency is creating their own goon squad.  Sometimes
they send in the goons to illegally enforce the laws that they are
lobbying for.  Congress then has to make it legal, or crack down on
illegal use of force by a federal agency.  Frequently they make it
legal

This is reminiscent of the latter days of the Soviet Union.

Towards the end in the Soviet Union, armed government agencies
would raid other agencies for valuables, and set up road blocks
at random times and places, and confiscate anything valuable
being trucked through by another government agency.  No kidding.

A government factory would be working on producing widgets, and
suddenly guys with guns would come in and take their stuff for
another government factory.

The west is beginning to show the same symptoms, though as yet
not nearly as severe.  The state is visibly losing cohesion, and
at the same time, through improved communications, the citizenry
is gaining cohesion.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd at echeque.com