Big Brother is watching

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Sep 3 21:57:48 PDT 1997

At 8:28 PM -0700 9/3/97, Sean Roach wrote:
>At 03:43 AM 9/4/97 +0200, Anonymous wrote:
>>>With this wonderful sucess, We can all look forward to this items being
>>>placed in our domiciles in order to further protect us from crime.
>>
>>And I'll give my kids a can of spray paint and a ladder. Maybe I'll offer
>>bonus prizes if they can figure out an inventive, undetectable way to disable
>>the fucker.
>In Altus, it is illegal to sell spray paint to persons under the age of 18.
>That makes two violations of their rights that I know of.
>The curfue which was enacted a couple years ago being the first.
>All because the local politicians are fully aware that they are too young to
>vote.

In my community, it is even illegal to buy spray paints and give them or
make them available to those under some age (18 or 21...I don't know).

I like my solution a lot better: anyone can buy the fucking spray paint,
but taggers are shot down by those whose property they're trespassing on.

Seems consistent with personal freedom and responsibility.

--Tim May