North CA cops skip preliminaries, get straight to torture

lcs Mixmaster Remailer mix at anon.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Oct 31 20:27:12 PST 1997

>Well, what's wrong with me driving up to the head of the sit-down protest
>and saying to the cops standing idly by, "Hey, there are some queers in the
>middle of the road, blocking my trip to Marin. If you're just gonna let em
>sit there for hours, putting my business and plans at risk, I'm just gonna
>gun my engine and drive right over their fairy asses."

Tim, I'm surprised at you. The issue isn't whether what they were doing is
illegal. The issue isn't whether it would have been justified for you to run
over their asses. The issue is government jack-booted thugs walking up,
grabbing *non-violent*, *helpless* protesters by the heads and engaging in
chemical warfare.

I don't agree with the stance of the protesters, and I don't agree with
their method of protesting. That does NOT mean that the government is
justified in doing the equivelent of beating the shit out of non-violent
protesters. Was China justified in running over non-violent protesters with
tanks?