Location of PGP 5.0

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Thu Oct 30 03:29:47 PST 1997

At 01:15 AM 10/30/1997 +0100, Anonymous wrote:
>Where can I find a copy of PGP 5.0 which handles this "SHA1" hash extension,
>and the new forced incompatabilities? I'm looking for a Linux distribution.
>All I've found are Windoze versions, really old betas which break
>*everything* which calls PGP from a script or command line, and betas which
>have a lame expired timebomb in them. Source is prefered for obvious reasons.

There's a Linux beta on www.pgpi.com which you may or may not
consider to be "really old", and I think I heard there's now
a Linux version on www.pgp.com or mit.edu.
However, it's likely that it will still break command-line
versions that think they know too much about the 2.6.2 output format,
unless the PGP porting folks did a spectacular and annoyingly hard job.
				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Regular Key PGP Fingerprint D454 E202 CBC8 40BF  3C85 B884 0ABE 4639