apropos list talk and our culture

bureau42 Anonymous Remailer nobody at bureau42.ml.org
Wed Oct 29 18:53:24 PST 1997

Steve Schear wrote:
> At 8:06 AM -0700 10/29/1997, Tim May wrote:
> >At 5:38 AM -0700 10/29/97, Brad Dolan wrote:
> >>"Michael Hays" is a new CBS series about a U.S. District Attorney.  Last
> >>night's episode was about how a radio talk-show host incited a listener
> >>to kill a BATF agent and was brought to justice.  DA convinced a jury
> >>that some things were "more important" than the first amendment.
>
> Wouldn't it be interesting if someone incited a Net listener/reader to kill
> the producer of this "Michael Hays" episode in a "life immitates art"
> situation?

  Has anyone on the list taken the time to estimate the percentage
of TV shows (news/entertainment/etc.) which seem to mostly serve to
help indoctrinate the masses with New World Order Speak?
  e.g. - Surveillance == Security / Police == Protection

VideoCatchingCriminals III (or somesuch), is due out soon. C-16, Jag,
Michael Hayes, Cops, ad infinituum, and not a one of them showing
a citizen with a toilet plunger sticking out of his or her asshole.
Even Jenny Jones, et al, are doing shows where parents video-spy on
the babysitter, husbands video-spy on their wives, etc.

If "Total Surveillance is your Friend!" then why were there no video
cameras in the restroom of the NYC police precinct?

  Cypherpunk Action Project or just my insanity?: Are there any list
members who were kicked out of the US Armed Forces after only one
day and are now full-fledged members of the paramilitary?
  Why don't you go bomb a federal building with a day-care center
in it, and see if the government and media blame it all on the
US Armed forces?

  You know, kind of a "life imitates fascism" situation.

ImitationMonger