Bob - FYI -- not sure if this was already posted ?

Mark Grant mark at unicorn.com
Wed Oct 29 04:19:07 PST 1997

Jonathan Wienke (JonWienk at ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> Like a kidnapper is really going to encrypt a ransom note so the kidnap
> victim's friends won't be able to figure out how to deliver the ransom
> money. DUHHHHHHH!

But what if you're out at lunch or on vacation, or just moved, and
no-one can read the message because they don't have the key? We must
have GMR encryption to FBI keys now, just in case!

(That's not entirely facetious, I could see them making this kind of
argument if CMR is widely adopted... it's not Big Brother, it's just
another useful public service).

	Mark