Orthogonality and Disaster Recovery (fwd)

Kent Crispin kent at bywater.songbird.com
Sun Oct 26 00:41:01 PDT 1997

On Sat, Oct 25, 1997 at 04:28:52PM -0500, Jim Choate wrote:
> [...]

I can't believe that you haven't studied vector spaces, Jim.  In that
particular niche of mathematics, the meaning you quote is precisely the
meaning of 'orthogonal'.  Vector algebra underlies a very large part
of mathematics, and modern physics would not exist without it.

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
kent at songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...