PRZ Announcement

Randall Farmer rfarmer at HiWAAY.net
Fri Oct 24 14:48:05 PDT 1997

Damn, that's annyoing. I don't have a PGP key, and never sign my messages. Note
that my real message trailer has a line of dashes before it. I'm putting
something confirming that the other message was a forgery (and confirming that
I don't have a PGP key) on my web page -- http://hiwaay.net/~rfarmer (even the
forger agrees that's my page).

I'll also (possibly) create a key and post the real fingerprint/ID on my page
if this becomes a problem. (Actually, probably not...can only run 2.6.2)

Note that the keyserver probably has this as my key...I'll use a different name
for my real key.

Some lame forger pretended Randall Farmer wrote:

> Some lame forger pretended Randall Farmer wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, there's no way in nine hells that Phillip R. Zimmermann
> > could have wrote:
> > >   However, I have reassessed my views of who truly has a right
> > > to control access to privacy and have come to the conclusion
> > > that privacy is too important an issue to be left in the hands
> > > of the individual, with the obvious potential for misuse.
> >
> > Hmm...I haven't checked any signatures or headers yet, but something tells me
> > that this ain't PRZ. For example, the Organization: header refers to Orwell's
> > 1984 as a "blueprint"...forget the signatures (just got a message saying they
> > match -- either that person's lying, "they" cracked his key, or it's some
> > detail that has the program using a different key/ignoring some text), it is
> > psychologically impossible for someone to go from privacy advocate to
> > 1984-as-a-blueprint that quick.

>   The above is a lame forgery by some troublemaker, and only
> serves to underscore PRZ's new position, namely, that access
> to privacy should be supervised by people who have shown that
> they have the maturity to act responsibly, as evidenced by
> their success in a corporate atmosphere.
>
>   I am PGP signing this post so that there can be no doubt as
> to its source and authenticity.
>   Cypherpunks list subscribers should be more careful about
> checking signatures before believing everything they read.
>
> Randall Farmer
>     rfarmer at hiwaay.net
>     http://hiwaay.net/~rfarmer

Randall Farmer