PGP Employee on MKR

John W. Noerenberg jwn2 at qualcomm.com
Fri Oct 24 12:55:52 PDT 1997

At 9:49 PM +0200 10/23/97, Lucky Green wrote:
>I have watched this silly debate for some time now. PGP pulled an awsome
>hack on corporate America, bringing strong crypto to thousands of
>corporate drones,  while Cypherpunks, the crypto elite, seems incapable of
>reponding with anything other than to engage in frenzied mutual
>masturbation fueld by GAK fantasies.

Well said, Lucky.

The next step to gaining the wide-spread and richly deserved acceptance
that should be PGP's fate is to certify it as a recognized, codified, and
testable method for using strong crypto.  That is what the IETF effort is
all about.

Remember the IETF is devoted to enabling anyone, anywhere who possess the
wit, perserverance and means to communicate over digital networks to do so.
As we are all aware, that means having the ability to do it privately and
securely.  That is way the standardization effort in the IETF is so
fundamentally important.  No other standards body has the world-wide
breadth nor the commitment to the individual's right to use and develop
computer technology than the IETF.  It is our best shot to make PGP a
standard.

We can't afford to blow it.

best,

john  w noerenberg, ii
jwn2 at qualcomm.com
pager: jwn2 at pager.qualcomm.com
  "A beautiful idea has a much greater chance of being a correct idea
   than an ugly one."
 -- Roger Penrose, "The Emperor's New Mind", 1989