PGP Employee on MKR

mark at unicorn.com mark at unicorn.com
Fri Oct 24 08:43:11 PDT 1997

aba at dcs.ex.ac.uk wrote:

> We didn't say: "don't have disaster recovery for stored data."  (Well
> I didn't and I don't think Mark did either).

Yep. While there are much better options, I think PGP's CMR would be a
tolerable short-term solution for stored data. The problem is that it's
not for stored data, it's for email (or so 'Commerical MESSAGE Recovery')
would imply.

Note that solely using CMR for stored data would not require that the CMR
'feature' be built into freeware or personal versions of PGP, but only into
the corporate version. That in itself would be a big win.

    Mark